TERAJU, Unit Peneraju Agenda Bumiputera, was established in 2011 by the Prime Minister’s Department as a strategic unit to spearhead progress through meaningful, resilient and sustainable Bumiputera economic participation.
TERAJU, is anchored by five key thrusts under the Bumiputera Economic Transformation Roadmap 2.0 – strengthening human capital, promoting higher value employment and income, increasing Bumiputera share and value of corporate equity, strengthening entrepreneurship, and increasing ownership of non-financial assets.
Unit Peneraju Agenda Bumiputera (TERAJU)
RM500,000 - RM30,000,000
Manufacturing, Primary, Services
Facilitation Fund was created as a tipping point for private investment initiatives. A 15% grant of the total eligible costs for infrastructure and equipment components act as a catalyst for investment by Bumiputera companies, especially in high-impact NKEA sectors.
Requirement / Criteria
1. The effective Bumiputera shareholding in the company is at least 51%.
2. For a Public Listed Company (PLC), at least 35% effective Bumiputera shareholding.
3. The CEO / MD or highest management position must be a Bumiputera.
4. Companies investment value in project should be at par or more than 50% of total fund applied.
5. Has the required capacity, ability, skills and experience required for project execution.
6. Has strong financial position and able to secure commercial financing for the project.
For (1), (2) and (3), successful applicant companies will be required to comply with the requirements until 3 years upon completion of project.