Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation is a Malaysian external trade government agency. Its key role is to assist Malaysian exporters to develop and expand their export markets.
Youth Exporters Development Programme (YEDP)
Maximum RM200,000 grant to undertake export promotions and participate in trade fairs
Merchandise, Service Trade
Requiremnet / Criteria
1. The majority of the equity or at least 51% of equity of the company must be in the hands of youth(s) between the ages of 20-40 years. The majority shareholding can be held by a single youth individual or a group of youths as majority shareholders.
2. The Chief Executive Officer and/or Managing Director must be a youth.
3. Companies for YEDP must fit the national definition of a Small and Medium Enterprise (SME).
4. The company must be in operation for a minimum of three years and attained an acceptable level of market
5. Companies dealing with merchandise goods or services must have a designated business premise or
manufacturing facility with a dedicated address and not a PO Box. Youth-owned companies based in Sabah and Sarawak can be given special consideration in the selection for YEDP, on the basis of diversifying the dispersion of regional socio-economic growth.
6. Company are involved in technology-driven, high value-added and knowledge-based industries will be given